We invite speakers to present on these and other issues related to COVID-19:
- Navigating leave, salary reductions, dismissal and retrenchment for COVID-19 related reasons
- Responding to health and safety issues: measures to workplace safety, prevent infections, testing, vaccinations, mental health issues
- Extending social protection and other income-replacement measures
- Regional and global policies needed to respond to the crisis
In addition, speakers may make a presentation about other labour law developments on issues including the following:
- Migration and the movement and protection of workers
- Gig Economy
- Dispute resolution
The audience will be comprised of the following delegates:
- Human Resource personnel
- Public Sector
- Workers organisations
Delegates will be from the African continent, Europe and USA predominantly.
As a speaker at a hybrid event there are 2 platforms available to consider and select your preferred format:
1. In person LIVE presentation at the venue
2. LIVE video stream into the venue from a location
LIVE Presentation at the venue
The Speaker will be attending the physical event on the 21st & 22nd October 2021.
Content will be shared from the stage to a live audience at the specified time
The session will be recorded by a videographer and relayed out to the virtual conference platform.
You have the option of presenting your topic as a workshop, panel discussion or Plenary session.
LIVE Video Stream
The Speaker will join the conference via a video conference link via Zoom.
Content will be shared to delegates participating virtually and physically.
The Speaker must have a good internet connection, preferably with a LAN connection.
The Speaker must be available for a Dry Run to test connection, feed and audio.
Speakers are asked to be available on the conference platform on the day to handle questions at their session on the chat function.
Should you be interested in presenting via one of these platforms, please forward the following:
- Forward a proposed title of your topic;
- Indicate which platform you propose to present - Live Presentation; or Live Video Stream
- A short outline of about 100 words of what you envisage the content of your presentation will be;
- 150 words in narrative form, not CV format please – per speaker. The narrative should ideally be written in the 3rd person.
- Colour Photo – jpeg format – (head and shoulders preferably and high resolution)
Types of Presentations:
- Plenary session – 40 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions
- Panel discussion – 40 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions
- Address – 25 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions
- Interactive session/Ideas Exchange/Workshop – 50 minutes
- When considering which presentations will be selected, consideration will be given to the relevance and interest of the topic to the platform as well as whether this topic has been done before.
- The Management committee may have to ask speakers to co-present if the topics are similar and reserves the right to move the presentation to a different platform to balance the programme.
- Confirmed speakers will receive a complimentary registration to the event.
- The physical speaker will cover their own travel costs to Nairobi and to the venue and accommodation costs.